Sunday, October 12, 2008

TWO COTTON HEADS AND A WEDDING

I'll set the scene: two old people one to my right (adam age 95) and one directly behind him (Lee age ?) Then Kaylee (age 2) directly behind me kicking the crap out of my seat. They suddenly the sun comes up behind the mountains and Grandma starts singing "There is sunshine in my soul today more glorious and bright...do do do do do do do do do. Then Adam starts in "Oh there's sunshine blessed sunshine when the....then Grandma: Oh there's sunshine blessed sunshine when the....but the catch is they weren't singing the song together!!! They both couldn't hear one another singing so they both thought that they were the only one's singing. I finally said- There willl be no Sunshine in anyones souls if you can't sing the dang song together! We laughed and laughed about that. Sheltons wedding was great! LesLee even surprised us and came! We had a good time. Right in the middle of marrying Shelton and his new wife, Mike's phone rang and he was soooooo embarrassed. We all laughed! I also got to hang out with my dear friend Carly Dilley. She has the cutest little girl, Aven. We talked and talked about old mission stuff. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! I love my sisters and my family. I miss them so much. Its sad that I won't be there for Lexi's shower but I am so going up there to see little hunter when he comes!

4 comments:

JennyRyan said...

oh that trip up sounds like a BLAST (i'm sure you can hear the eye rolling two blocks away). I'm so bummed I missed LesLee though... damn her and wanting to surprise everyone... well surprise i wasn't there :)

Annie Singler said...

I would have put Kaylee behind Adam and engaged in secret joy while she kicked the hell out of HIS seat the whole trip :)

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

I so wanted to come and see you but it didn't work out! I was so sad! So when is the next time that you are going to come up? Let me know!

Brian and Carly said...

Oh I love that story! Only you would pull the reprimand Lor! Miss you already.